Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Non-Event

Hard to believe (since this is mid-August) but this is the first Saturday of the summer that we had absolutely nothing going on. No events we had to attend. No place to be but home. Unreal. So I was torn between working hard to have a super productive day or finally just kicking my feet up and relaxing!

I sort of did both.

We all slept in -- well, got 8 hours of sleep -- so that was a good start.

After breakfast, I tackled a little organizational project that has been staring me in the face for months. I've gotten hundreds of pictures developed but never did anything with them once I got the out-of-order piles of prints. So I spent the better part of the morning getting them in order and in boxes or envelopes clearly labeled so I am set to use them for scrapbooking. (See, I have a reason for doing everything!)

After that I worked out, did some laundry and then sat out on the front deck. I had to get a few magazines read (or at least looked at) before I added them to the recycling box... which I had to get to town and empty before the center closed at 3. That was OK to be rushed. It was something like 88 and humid so I really didn't need or want to be out on the deck too long. I just hate to lose my Florida tan, that's all.

I dragged Carter with me to town so we could wrap up his school shopping. First we had to drop off recycling and then, since we were close by, had to check out the flavor of the week at Dairy Treat. Blueberry Twist! M-m-m. Had to stop. Just got little cones, though, because we were heading to Staples next and it wasn't that long of a drive.

We got the last item on his supply list at Staples, then got him some pants at Wal-Mart. Now he is officially done and ready -- with 12 days to go before school. Glad I got all the other stuff before vacation because it was a zoo in the school supply aisles at Wal-Mart!

By the time we got out of there and home, it was after 4:30. The day had officially gotten away from me. I didn't feel I had been productive enough but the "I need to sit on the couch and watch golf" feeling won over anyway. So I watched a bit of the PGA action in Wisconsin.

Then, I guess, I felt guilty and did some filing and organizing in our office. That didn't last long either before it was time for Smoothies! It was Carter's idea. (I'll blame him for enabling me and my addiction!) Anyway, I made Pina Colada ones tonight with Pina Colada Yoplait yogurt, crushed pineapple, about half a banana, a touch of imitation coconut flavoring and vanilla frozen yogurt. Yes, it was as good as it sounds! Nice and cool, too.

I hear tomorrow will be the start of a "cool front" around here with temps in the mid-70s the next several days. Guess that means I will be able to set foot outside without melting tomorrow and might be forced to get some neglected yard work done.

We'll see how it goes. It's supposed to be another non-event day so could get a lot done!

But it is the final round at Whistling Straights...

No comments: