Saturday, August 7, 2010

Home, Sweat, Home

So we survived the heat and humidity of Florida in August plus the hurricane season only to come home to Wisconsin's hot & humid stretch -- with a chance of severe storms tonight.

Ah well, it's good to be home!

Did you know we had a cat? Well, we still do. It's just that I didn't give her much thought this week knowing that my sister-in-law was taking good care of her and keeping her company. I can tell she missed us, though! (Our cat, not my sister-in-law. Though she might have, too. She just doesn't purr like our Sylvester.)

We got home around 7 tonight after a decent flight to Milwaukee and only a few stops on the way home to fuel up our tummies and our CRV.

We knew we were in Wisconsin when the sight of glitzy diamond tank tops and 4-inch heels had been replaced by a woman wearing a t-shirt with a picture of 2 wood ticks on her chest that read: Nice Ticks. Oh it's good to be back in Wisconsin, isn't it?

I am currently uploading some pictures and see that there are 752 of them from the week -- just an average of a hundred a day. Yikes. I guess I'll have to sift through them before I present an online scrapbook. That could take awhile!

I'm pretty confident between my camera and my friend Christine's that we didn't miss anything! And we took plenty of time to actually live in the moment and relax and enjoy ourselves. It was an awesome vacation with awesome friends! Thankfully we have one more day to recover...

And remember what it was we were doing in our lives before we left!

No comments: