Sunday, August 15, 2010

Breeze, Glorious Breeze

What a treat today to have temperatures (and humidity) in the 70s! Beautiful, pleasant light breezes and mostly sunny skies... No excuses not to get that long overdue yard work done!

After church, we all tackled our jungle. Hubby mowed, Carter raked and I weeded. Three hours later and I think we are back in the neighborhood's good graces. (Not that they said anything, but I could even admit we looked like we'd abandoned our property for too long!) At least that's done. For now.

In the early afternoon, Carter and I took a road trip down to Adams. We were on a mission to get a particular item we knew was going to be at the flea market there. Unfortunately, on Sundays they all seem to pack up early and clear out. So there were only about 5 booths left doing business. We did find a neat little Cincinnati Reds antique truck-shaped bank for Jim. So that was something anyway. Guess we'll have to go back on a Saturday to get to "our" booth!

Spent a little time on the deck reading today. I am reading/analyzing a book for a first-time aspiring author. I need to get it done and get feedback to him so I can get working on my own manuscript! I should finish it tonight or tomorrow.

Did get to see some of the final round of the PGA Championship. Just makes me want to golf (but not there -- too much sand among other things). I haven't swung a club since May so right now I'd go just about anywhere! I think the weather will be perfect for that this week, don't you?

C'mon, just twist my arm. Just a little. Don't make it hurt.

No comments: