Sunday, October 3, 2010

Autumn Treasure Hunt

It was another gorgeous fall day here today and this one found us on 2 sorts of treasure hunts.

For the first one, Carter and I were back in Nekoosa at the Giant Pumpkin Fest. Since I was too busy yesterday working concessions, I did not get time to shop all the arts & crafts booths there -- and there were a lot! So today, we were on a mission to hunt down a few Christmas presents. I'm happy to report we found a few! (And a few things for myself that I will not be waiting until the holidays for.)

We also found an elephant ear for Carter and mini-donuts for Mom. (This has got to stop!) And, of course, we had to look at the Giant Pumpkins again...

I've heard of pumping iron but pumping pumpkins? This one weighed 1,468.5 pounds! Carter must be drinking his milk!

Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater... Had a wife and couldn't keep her... A person really could live in this pumpkin! It's huge! Maybe I shouldn't give Jim any ideas...

Though he had a great one when we got home from Nekoosa! Since the 2 of us are in a golf tournament next Sunday, we thought it would be a good time to shake off the rust. It worked out great. I'll have to thank the Packers fans for staying inside on this glorious day to watch TV so that the Austins could have a golf course practically to themselves!

Yes, we even dragged Carter along. He's golfed the same amount as me this summer (about twice) so we were even.
Actually, we started off pretty close to even. I was relieved I finally got into the swing of things -- a few times anyway. Golfing, though, was our second treasure hunt of the day. It is very hard to find golf balls among the fallen leaves, I tell ya. They all reflect with the sun so they are hard to pick out. My advice is sticking to the fairways. But what fun is that??

We golfed nearby at The Ridges. Lots of pine trees there so there wasn't much fall color to look at, but hubby sported some orange so I wouldn't lose him among the leaves either! Here he is putting on a Par 3 that I actually parred. Whoot!

Carter had some putting issues today -- but he wasn't the only one. I just hope in our scramble next weekend they don't rely on my putts! Or my drives... or my second shots....

If it's a beautiful day like today, I can at least provide the good attitude (and camera)!

No comments: