Thursday, October 14, 2010

Indoor Amusement

When you're in Wisconsin, it doesn't matter if the temps dip into the 30s during the night. You can still enjoy a water park the next day.

Thank god someone invented indoor ones!

I think this is about the fifth year my sister Renell has had a trade show at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells. It's always in the fall and, since the Dells are only 56 miles away, Carter and I always manage to "visit" her during her stay (read: use her free passes to the indoor water park). Last year, my niece and her son Anthony (same age as Carter) came with. This year, just Anthony did.

During the past few years we've doing this, there have been many changes at the Kalahari, including the addition of a huge (of course) indoor amusement park, complete with bowling, go-karts, laser tag and a Ferris wheel.

I picked Carter up from his final soccer practice this afternoon and we were down there by 6 p.m. At first the guys did the water park thing while Renell and I watched and visited. Then it was amusement park time. The boys went off and did their own things -- laser tag and video arcade games (what a surprise) -- so us girls did what we wanted, too. We rode the Ferris wheel and raced go karts. I must not have been very fast because I never had to use the brake! It was quite jarring on my back, too, so now I know why I usually stand on the "sidelines" and take pictures rather than drive!

While we were having fun, hubby went to the doctor to see about that "annoying itchy, teeny rash" on his back that I mentioned the other night. The rash is still about the same size but now had morphed from annoying to painful. Not good. Turns out he has Shingles. At least they caught it early so he has drugs and it hopefully will clear up soon -- especially before his 4-day business trip to Vegas next week.

I don't know much about Shingles but from what I heard they can be painful. Poor hubby.

I just thought it was ironic that the editor of a metal roofing magazine has shingles! I don't think he thinks that's funny.

Yet.

No comments: