Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Calgon...

What a fine lot we are tonight.

We've got Carter in bed early with a tummy ache. We've got hubby editing stories and proofing pages on the couch -- with a nagging, itchy teeny rash of some kind on his back. I just finished editing and proofing, too, and am dealing with an achy back and annoying cough.

Yep, we're a happy bunch.

I suppose part of it is we all just need to get some decent sleep one of these days, er nights. Also, it will help when our schedules sort of get on an even keel. That should happen for Carter now that soccer is done. Probably a good thing since his homework level has skyrocketed this week. He had a 25-pound backpack last night, I swear!

Unfortunately, our stress level at work has skyrocketed a bit, too. I told Jim on the drive home that it's not a good sign when we have to start taking work home with us again. But that happens. We get a nice reprieve for a while and then it gets crazy.

And people wonder why I like to escape via a hokey show like GLEE! (Hey, it works!)

I did have a legitimate gleeful moment today. I happened to get an email offer to buy tickets to the musical Wicked before they go on sale to the general public this weekend. I have wanted to see this show for several years but every time I hear about it in the area (as in within a 3-hour drive), it either is right after it happens or it's too late to get any ticket or too late to get a decent seat. (In the latter case, I wisely have not been willing to dish out a hundred bucks for a crappy seat.)

Today, though, I pounced on it right away. One, it's only in Appleton (just 70 minutes away) so even though it's in February, we can feel confident we can make the trek. Secondly, my friend Christine and I had just been talking about seeing this in Madison this fall but did not get around to getting tickets early enough. When I got the email I called her right away. "Are you in?" I asked. "You bet! " she said.

So 6 minutes later, I had secured 2 tickets for a girls afternoon away to sit 7 rows back and watch the pre-Wizard of Oz story of the childhood friendship (or not) of Glinda the Good and the Wicked Witch of the West. I cannot wait!

Just like GLEE, this is not hubby's thing, so he is fine with me going with someone else. I also realize I will have to win the Packer pool 2 more times to pay for the ticket, but I have high hopes.

In the meantime, though, Calgon (or GLEE) can take me away!

No comments: