Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Musings

Bite Your Tongue: The Austin men can always appreciate a trip to the dentist for Momma when dental work is required. My mouth is so numb when I get home that they are blessed with relative silence for hours! I didn't even go running because I was worried my numb tongue (that's what it felt like) would block my airway or something. I finally just ate supper now after accidentally biting my tongue earlier while I was reading. Who knew it was so dangerous?

Dental Assistance: On a recent episode of GLEE, the "kids" each had a Britney Spears singing and/or dancing hallucination while at the dentist. Apparently a good dose of "laughing gas" or Novocaine can assist a person with this process. So I prepped myself for today's visit by listening to some Brit on the iTunes. But once I got there and found out my dental assistant had never even heard of GLEE, I just could not get into the zone. Dang. Maybe next time. (Though I'd prefer not to have any work done for awhile.)

Best Analogy: Once in awhile I try to get creative with things I say or write, but I have to give props to Carter this week for an awesome analogy. Hubby and I were going to play cards and Carter pulls up a chair. "Oh, you're playing, too?" we ask. "Yes, I'm just like corn in your teeth. You're stuck with me!" Pretty good since we haven't had corn on the cob lately. I wonder if dental floss will get rid of him? Not that we'd try.

What Happens in Vegas: Speaking of getting rid of someone... Jim has decided he feels OK enough to leave for Vegas in the morning. Work trips are always a lot more hours than "normal" work so I hope he gets enough opportunities to rest. I'm sure he will. There's nothing ever happening in Vegas so I'm guessing he'll be in bed by 10 each night, falling asleep to Sports Center. (If not, I don't want to hear about it.)

And Now a Word from our Sponsor: Two words: BUTTER BRAIDS! Carter is selling this delicious pastry treat as a fundraiser for school. If you are unfamiliar with this yummy product, just visit www.butterbraid.com. You just thaw 'em, let 'em rise, bake 'em and eat 'em. They are $11 each and allegedly serve 11 people (except in our house). I know I can't resist Apple, Bavarian Creme, Blueberry, Caramel, Cherry, Cinnamon, Cream Cheese or Raspberry. Can you? (He's taking orders until Thursday night.)

That's all for now!

No comments: