Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blow Ye Winds, Hi Ho...

I have a song stuck in my head with the lyrics: Blow ye winds, hi ho, a roving we will go... When did I ever hear it or sing it? No idea. But it's hard not to think windy thoughts today.

The weather forecasters started giving us warnings yesterday that today was going to be really, really, really windy. Did I mention really windy? Like gusts up to 40, 50, even 60 mph. Unfortunately, they were right.

We've got rain on top of it so it's awful out there. Hubby and I had planned to trek up to Wausau after work but once we hit the monsoon, we figured we better wait until another day or so. As hubby pointed out, nothing says "desperate" like showing up in this weather to buy a car. They'd know we needed it and we'd have no bargaining power.

Plus on days like this, a person of a wicked nature thinks about alternative transportation anyway -- like a broom.

I was telling someone I started out the day as the Wicked Witch of the West and I've already made it to the Midwest! After learning from my nephew in South Dakota that they have the snow plows out already, I am not sure I want to stay in the Midwest either. Is there sunshine out East? Too bad I can't get this broom to fly South. Knowing my luck with vehicles, it would probably break down over a hurricane or something...

Speaking of vehicle "issues"... I had to change a headlight bulb again on the CRV. I think that's why the previous owner sold it. I mean, seriously, how many times have I changed these in the past 2 years?? It's a pain in the butt and I had to have Carter help me tonight (holding the flashlight).

I'm hoping my gearhead side proves I can be useful for something -- and not just breaking every machine or electronic device I touch.

This does not mean I won't charge Jim for labor...

No comments: