Monday, October 11, 2010

Team Players

I guess since there's a lightning delay for the Monday Night Football game I can get my blogging done now...

Today was Carter's last soccer game of the season. This one was at West Junior High against the 7th-grade girls team. Another tough team. Another loss. But another night of witnessing some great team spirit.

What I have really enjoyed all season is the support Carter's teammates give one another. Everyone is always yelling "Nice play!" or "Good job!" to their teammates. Even when Carter and our other goalie let a combined 6 goals get past them tonight, they did not say negative things to make them feel bad. They were just good, team players, shouting out encouragement.

I don't know if I can even expect that level of respect in tonight's Vikings game. I'm fine with having Randy Moss back for his talent. But now we have 2 monster egos on the team between him and the "sexter" Brett Favre. I'm curious to see how it goes. I guess I'm curious to see how a number of things play out with those 2. But not that curious!

With the game delay, I will not be staying up 'til the end, that's for sure. I'm still a bit tired from the weekend and I had a good, solid training run tonight. So I could just nod off now... but I didn't break out my Purple Pride lounge pants and new fuzzy Vikings slippers for nothing!

At least I am a team player!

No comments: