Friday, October 1, 2010

Very Fair Weather Fan

I had to give up my Soccer Mom crown today. I totally became a fair-weather fan and was not up to braving the elements.

Really, it wasn't that cold out. But it was raining, in the annoying steady drizzle kind of way. And I wasn't in the mood to sit outside an hour and 10 minutes. So instead, I lasted about 10 minutes. Then my nose started running and I knew I had Kleenexes in the warm car. So off I went.

I said to hubby, "Well it's not like I'm not here. I'm still watching the game." It's not the same, he said.

So hanging my head in shame (well, for looks anyway), I jogged to the car and cranked the heat. I did feel bad for the kids, though. Our Royals team has no 8th-graders and this Marshfield team has a ton of them. This is the team that we got slaughtered by last week 8-0. Today's tally was 6-0. So are we getting better? Sure!

The thing is, we travel to Marshfield on Monday already so we'll have to face them again. On their turf.

The Royals are still looking for their first win of the season. Now that's sad. But I like how enthusiastic the kids are on the sidelines. They still yell encouragement to their teammates and say what a good game it was. That's awesome.

Good thing they're not fair-weather team players!

There's enough of us wimps seeking shelter the way it is.

No comments: