Friday, October 15, 2010

Rash Behavior

I'll be the first to admit I am a total wimp when it comes to pain. Sure I tolerate a certain level daily (practically) in my back but I cannot imagine what my husband is going through with this Shingles stuff.

Not only is the rash itchy (but thankfully not widespread yet), but he is in pain. Pain that has been compared to exposed nerve endings or getting constantly beat or poked with a brush. Either way, I know I would have stayed home today to cope with it and cry or knock myself out.

But hubby, who is more of a man that I could ever hope to be (and that's a good thing), went to work today. I know he wasn't on top of is game but he plodded through and we both had productive days.

Tonight, though, he found his own way to deal with the annoying pain. Bud Light. Well that and Dorito's and laughs with the neighbors around the campfire. My sister-in-law stopped by, too, so it was a nice time.

It just felt good to be relaxing after a hectic week. I know we're all pretty tired, too, after several late nights. But, of course, I'm the first one to wimp out and come inside. Hey, I had to be sure my blanket was turned on! It's chilly out there -- though we hardly noticed by the fire.

I will say this. It is such a treat to sit around and talk about everything and nothing at the same time... and not think about the stressors in life. Even if just for a few hours. There's nothing like a circle of friends around a ring of fire... listening to a "Ring of Fire" too!

I figure if Jim's "horse pills" don't cure him, some good ol' quality time around the ring is bound to help at least a little!

No comments: