Sunday, October 17, 2010

Football Sunday

The nice thing about having this "free" weekend is that today finally felt like a true Sunday in autumn. I think you know what I'm talking about.... Football!

It was definitely a typical Football Sunday around here. After church and Sunday School, I got the chili going in the crock pot. Then actually had some couch time! I thought -- and knew -- I certainly had tons more June Cleaver work to do. But took the Eddie Haskell route and said, "Screw it. Watch football." So I did.

I even managed a little deck time at halftime. You never know how many of these glorious days are left!

Since the Packers played early and the Vikings late, we actually got to see them on TV for a change. I see I haven't been missing much this season. Lots of sloppy play mixed in with some good stuff -- just enough to give us a win over those darn Cowboys! Yee-haw!

Of course, Carter was obsessed with his fantasy team all day. Probably rightfully so. Big brother Casey is kickin' his keester right now. I am up against hubby and we are pretty much neck and neck. Since he is feeling sort of OK and well enough to go on his business trip Tuesday, I won't even get time to gloat when I beat him. Ha.

Now it's chili time. Then waiting for the next big TV event. No, not Sunday Night Football. It's the season finale of Mad Men. I hate to think this is my last date with Don Draper until 2011. And here I was just starting my fall Sunday routine!

No comments: