Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

For the first time in probably 10 years, I set an alarm the day after Thanksgiving so I could go feed my scrapbooking need!

My friend Christine picked me up at 5:30 a.m. and we headed to Menards in Plover. I had discovered yesterday that Menards was carrying a different, larger version of the Cricut I had planned to get at Michaels -- at a quite a decent price. When got to Menards we saw the line was around the building. The temps were in the teens this morning so I really didn't have to think twice. "Screw it. Let's go to Michaels!"

Since Michaels had opened at 5 a.m. the big crowd was gone. I waltzed right in and got my Cricut! Yay!

After stopping at Wal-Mart and Kohl's, we did stop at Menards one more time. But when we got in the store, the lines were all the way to the back of the store. We basically turned around and left.

Now I have to see if I have to wrap up my new toy or if I get to play with it. Even though I play Santa a good chunk of the time, I somehow don't think that's my call!

Oh well, I won't get to it this weekend anyway. Carter and I are hitting the road right now to go to my twin sister's in the Grantsburg-Siren area. Waaaay up north where they've had lots of snow. We want to get there when the sun is still shining, so we're going in a few minutes. Tomorrow will be the cookie bake, then Sunday we return.

Hubby will hardly miss us. He helped at the basketball tourney this morning, is going to visit his aunt and uncle in Marshfield later today, and has some indoor girls softball to attend in the Dells tomorrow.

The kitty is napping in the sunshine and couldn't care less. I'm jealous!

Except I have a Cricut and she doesn't!!

No comments: