Monday, November 1, 2010

8 Weeks

As we turned the calendar today to the penultimate month of the year, we got a memo from our CEO reminding us there are only 8 weeks of our "business year" left to reach all the goals we had for 2010. So let's "push forward" and do what we have to do to make that happen.

If you are thinking of your personal goals, sometimes called resolutions, don't despair about the short 8 weeks remaining. Technically, there are 9 weeks if you count the last week between holidays when I plan to be oh-so nonproductive.

I don't know if back in January I even put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) for my usual perennial goals revolved around writing and weight-ing. I do feel some progress on both. Slow and steady will get me far, I have learned. I know, lame excuse. But I still have 8 or so weeks!

Just think, in 8 weeks, the Vikings season will be all but over. Oh wait, hasn't that already happened? I never even got to wear my old #84 and off he goes. I wish they would have started with lower numbers and worked their way up, with Childress being a Zero and maybe stopping after #4. Ah well, each week it's a soap opera!

Also in 8 weeks, Carter's school basketball season will be all but over, too. He actually just started his first practice tonight and will have 16 games between now and then. Plus he's on the Cage Club team which means weekend games.

So perhaps 8 weeks doesn't seem so long to go in 2010. But I imagine between work and home life, the Austins are going to be pushing "forward" and in all directions between now and then.

And we'll totally deserve that 9th week as a freebie.

I got dibbs on the couch!

No comments: