Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ready (or Not)

I need to make a correction. That radio station I mentioned a few days ago that I thought was playing Christmas music 24/7 already actually is only playing it 24/7 on weekends. So far. But then tonight on the way home, we passed a house in Amherst that had all of its Christmas lights on. And this house had a lot!

So the holidays are here -- whether we are ready or not.

I am trying to be on the ball with the cookie-making. That's going good and I have ingredients to go nuts (and some without nuts) this weekend to make some more.

I must confess I am guilty of having a good portion of our presents bought and wrapped already, too. But that's because I will be longing for the couch -- and elusive remote -- come December when I just switch back and forth between holiday movies on the Lifetime and Hallmark channels!

I almost confess that despite how much I detest the thought of 3 a.m. shopping the day after Thanksgiving, I have been stalking at least three "Black Friday" websites looking for 3 particular items to go on sale. And I mean some irresistible, gotta have it, no better deal anywhere type of sale. Two are for me (naturally) -- a Netbook (which I'll share with hubby) and a Cricut (which will be mine, mine, mine) -- and one is for Carter -- who wants the "old school" 5th-generation iPod Nano (not the new 6th-generation square one for those who know the difference or just started caring when researching for Christmas).

So far, I think Radio Shack will be the place to get my, er our, Netbook -- for under 200 bucks! But does the local store even carry them? I don't know. I will have to "research" that in person this weekend. Of course, there's always online deals but we'll see how this all plays out. I'll just keep checking my sites!

Lastly, you know Christmas is right around the corner when the Schwan's Holiday Catalog is here (and the Schwan's Man will be shortly). Yes, I am just finishing my last container of Peppermint Stick Ice Cream from last year. And yes, it is still nummy! I think we're in need of fresh supplies, though. Maybe an Andes Mint Pie? M-m-m-m. Or more ice cream?? I might wait on that one. I have about 46 minutes to decide...

Then, ready or not, it's Christmas time!

No comments: