Saturday, November 6, 2010

Falling Back

My new cough medicine is a Godsend. I did not cough all night and, therefore, got sleep. Lots of it. In fact, I think everyone in our household was in bed some 10 hours last night! No wonder I had energy to get a few things done today!

It was one of those days where the only thing on the calendar was not starting until 6 p.m. so I had permission to do anything (or nothing). Carter even asked this morning: "So can I be a bum today or do I have to read and read and read or what?"

He probably shouldn't have asked.

I didn't have him do anything too painful. He helped me mix up some Christmas cookies -- yes I now have 9 dozen made and in the freezer for my family's upcoming Cookie Exchange -- and I showed him how to use my vacuum cleaner so he could vacuum while I baked the cookies. He survived both tasks and rewarded himself with some couch time.

After the baking was done -- including some frustrating moments with an attempt at being creative -- I finally got a run in. Only ran once this week and I am allegedly training for a 5-miler just a month away. So today, I did survive a 5.25-mile course. Had to do a few 60-second walks in there. But otherwise, it was fine. A nice sunny day that I hope will be repeated come Dec. 4th!

This evening, we were fortunate to attend the Golden Sands Speedway year-end banquet. Our nephew Colin received the trophy for the 2010 Super Stock Championship so it was neat to be a part of that. You can see the trophy is pretty nice! Colin's parents and grandparents (on the Reffner side) were there, too. A TV reporter who covers a lot of the races was there selling his video compilation from the season. Colin's car is on the cover of the DVD so I might just have to get his autograph!

We kept Carter home. Knowing that we turn the clocks back tonight, we weren't sure it we'd spend that "extra hour" out or use if for sleeping. I bet you can figure out which one won! Yep, we're getting old.

And that won't change with the clocks!

No comments: