Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanks for Showing Up

Did I not mention yesterday that I was probably more prepared for today's game than some of the players?? Man, I hate being right all the time!

We went to our friends Mike and Christine's house to watch the Packer-Vikings game. Thankfully they love us and are forgiving of our purple nature. Plus we brought food to bribe them.

The company was good -- but what a disappointing game. I didn't even get time to get excited about our brief lead and that was it. No more scoring. And really, it didn't look like they were even trying. It's like they showed up and had their minds on deer hunting or something. Ugh.

So, like any good fan, we turned to comfort food. And there was a lot of it. I am still full. But strangely, not feeling comforted.

Going into the game with only 3 wins, we had no expectations. But just a tiny bit of hope that home field would hold some advantage. Nope. Just makes it harder in central Wisconsin to go into work tomorrow!

I said to hubby, "I better check our work Packer pool before I blog. Maybe we won some money at least."

"No," he said. "Try checking the Powerball numbers."

Oh because we're so lucky? We got shut out there, too. Sigh...

Sometimes I wish I was a fair-weather fan and could just say "screw it" until next year. But I'll hang with these losers and their old man.

I'll just have to swap my purple for black on Mondays to reflect my mood.

No comments: