Monday, November 22, 2010

Magic Monday

They say the early bird gets the worm. Now I have reason to believe it. And sometimes the "worm" is a good thing.

Hubby and I got up at 4:30 so we could get to work early and, ultimately, leave early for Carter's basketball game. At some point in the morning, someone mentioned something about Amazon and I was reminded that I hadn't checked my "Black Friday" websites since Friday. (Where are my priorities?)

So I took a quick glance and saw that Target was having a 4-day pre-Black Friday sale and, lo and behold, MY Christmas Netbook was on sale -- for the same price as Radio Shack plans to have them this Friday! I was concerned that the sale started Sunday already. Since the closest Target is in Stevens Point (20 minutes away from work), I called to see if they had any Netbooks left. The guy said, "Six!" Oh boy, would they have any left after work?

It was my supportive hubby who said, at 10:30 a.m., "Why don't we take our lunch now and go get it?" You don't have to twist my arm. Good thing we went. We got there and there were only 3 left and another lady in the aisle was getting one the same time as me. Whoa. Close one! While we were there, we bought a wireless router to set up in house so we can get the Internet on this new "toy."

I felt like a kid on Christmas morning! It suddenly became a long day as I waited impatiently to get home and get all this set up!

First we had to finish work. Then we had to go to Carter's basketball game, which was a blowout loss to Nekoosa BUT Carter had a career-high TWO points tonight!! He was 2 for 4 in free throws. Nice work, kiddo! After the game, I had to go grocery shopping, too. You know me. Rarely do I not want to go to Wal-Mart. I made it a quick trip.

Got home and installed the wireless router. Considering I did not know 2 days ago what a wireless router is, I now consider myself a technological genius! And the fact that I am blogging from the couch confirms it!

Ahhh, I love the magic of Christmas. Thanks, Santa!

No comments: