Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's a Free Country

When I got up this morning and heard the temperature outside was in the mid-20s, I started thinking about Christmas music. When I walked into Wal-Mart tonight and the first sight that greeted my eyes was a 20-foot-tall lighted Christmas tree, those thoughts returned.

No, I didn't act on them. Yet. But I'm contemplating it ... as I sip my eggnog.

I guess if I wanted to dig out my holiday tunes and play them, I could. It's a free country after all.

But I think we all had better things to do today to exercise our freedoms. I don't recall the last time I actually missed an opportunity to vote. I think of the millions of soldiers who fought for our freedoms, including 2 nephews most recently, and it doesn't cross my mind not to vote.

Even when I've had it up to here with negative commercials and "computerized" campaign phone calls, I still feel it's my right and my duty, really, to vote.

Plus we all know that if we don't vote, we really have no right to complain! And you know me, I am not the quiet one in the corner. (Though I will say I choose to exercise my right not to share my political beliefs in this blog. I do not wish to engage in controversy nor endorse it!)

What I would like to engage in is some Peppermint Stick ice cream to go with this eggnog. I think I just might. Hubby's getting Carter from basketball practice. The couch is mine for GLEE in 11 minutes. Let me find that big spoon...

It's a free country, right?

No comments: