Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saving Time

It's been dark an hour already so I started to panic thinking I better blog quick and get ready for bed soon. Now I see it's not quite 6 pm. Guess we gotta get used to the Daylight Saving Time switch!

I must say this was a pretty good first day in the new time zone.

Thanks to the "extra" sleep, we all had no trouble getting up for early church this morning. Today we celebrated All Saints Day and remembered the "saints" in our lives we have lost in the past year. I am so blessed that I did not have a loved one to mourn. I've had lots of friends lose loved ones this past year, but feel very fortunate my family remains intact. Thanks be to God.

After church, I ran a few errands and paid some bills while Carter was in Sunday School. I noticed one of our local radio stations is already playing Christmas music 24/7. Well I love Christmas music but I am just not ready for that yet! Though it did put me in the holiday frame of mind -- which started with the those Christmas cookies yesterday.

So after Carter was done with Sunday School, we headed straight for Stevens Point. Hubby was off golfing today so I knew Carter and I would not be missed at home. Plus there was something I saw in an advertising flyer that I wanted to get Jim and some other important people. We only had two stops in Point -- Fleet Farm and Target. I found just what I wanted at both. Carter had a gift card to blow, I mean use, so he found something, too.

We hustled home because we knew the Vikings were on TV (since the Packers don't play until tonight). We get home and it was still zero-zero so we didn't miss much. Suddenly we scored but then it proceeded to get ugly. Really ugly. So Carter went outside on this beautiful day and I got out some wrapping paper and took care of about 20 Christmas presents while keeping an eye on the pitiful game.

But then what to my wondering eyes did appear .... the Vikings were making a comeback after being down 2 touchdowns with just 4 minutes to go?? Did we dare have hope? I got Carter back in the house by the 2-minute warning. What a crazy finish between that and overtime! Vikings were victorious and I have never been so happy to by 3-5! (Yes, that is pathetic.)

After the game, I got a turkey breast going in the oven then ran (drove actually) to the store to pick up some potatoes to bake. It was a yummy "fall" supper! Now I've got to digest a bit before I head next door to the campfire.

Yup, the one good thing about it getting dark early is that you can start a fire at 5 p.m.! But then you really gotta pace yourself... With the marshmallows and such.

No comments: