Saturday, January 4, 2014

Chillax-ing

Apparently, when you are chilling out (literally or figuratively) and relaxing, you are chillaxing.

That was me today -- trying to rest but still doing my best to avoid the chilling part. After a rough night of coughing, it was just what I needed.

I really didn't strain myself today. I un-decked the halls and was grateful the Christmas decorating efforts this year were minimal. Got it all down and put away in record time. Then just relaxed watching TV and drinking lots of fluids for most of the day.

The guys went to the boys basketball games at school this afternoon. Then Jim dropped Carter off at work, came home and played a game of cards with me (I won!) and now is with a buddy at a hockey game. (Still sounds too cold to me!) They'll pick Carter up after the game so I can go to bed.

Now.

Like everyone else in the Midwest, we are not looking forward to what we are going to awaken to tomorrow and Monday. My sister in Texas -- spending the day at South Padre Island -- thought I would enjoy this pretty purple map since I am a Vikings fan:




Just how much are we going to be chilling out in the next few days? The image above shows the locations (in purple) that have a 90-100% chance of seeing surface temperatures at, or below, freezing at 7am EDT on Tuesday morning

In other words, my sister will be one of the few just chillax-ing while the rest of us in the country may quite literally freeze our butts off. I'm just hoping my germs will freeze to death or go into deep hibernation.

Is that too much to ask??


No comments: