Thursday, January 30, 2014

Me and My Big Mouth

While I was busy bad-mouthing the clueless drivers down South yesterday, I failed to pay attention to our own weather situation. I just knew it was going to be warmer temperatures. Oops...

You know you're from Wisconsin (or Minnesota) when you look at the morning temperature before leaving the house, see it's 26 degrees and debate if you need to wear a coat today.

I now am glad I opted to wear it.

I must say it was nice to stop for gas on the way to work and, since it was finally warm enough to loiter outside, I washed the salt off all the windows and headlights. Love me some Spring weather!

Fast forward 2 hours and hubby messages me from home that it is snowing like crazy in Rapids. Say what? I didn't know it was supposed to snow! Turns out we were set to get 3-4 inches or more.

Fast forward another 2 hours and I see I am going to pay for my comments about Atlanta...


Fast forward another hour and I am leaving work at 1 p.m. to make a snowy trek home. Good thing I have learned all those winter driving skills I mentioned yesterday. I needed them.

Robert Frost would love that I took the road less traveled. But that wasn't my intention. It just happened I had no tracks to follow on a state highway and often didn't know which lane I was in. No head-on collisions, thankfully. Just slow and slippery conditions. When I did finally reach the interstate, even that was slow. Saw one vehicle in my rear view mirror fish-tailing -- and I slowed it down even more.

Got home safely and shoveled while hubby manned the snowblower. All's well that ends well, right?

Guess I learned a thing or two about Karma. If you can't say anything nice -- especially about the weather -- don't say anything at all!



No comments: