Friday, January 24, 2014

TGIF (Thank God I'm Free)

Today's TGIF moment only refers to my temporary state of being. Thank God I'm Free... for now. I have been having homicidal thoughts lately.

Anyone else?


Saw this today and laughed right out loud. Then looked around to make sure no one heard me. I don't want anyone to think that if something were to happen to Ol' Man Winter it was premeditated!

I probably shouldn't say anymore about it. I don't want you to become an accessory to the crime. Not saying there will be one. But IF.

It's tough to brush the thoughts aside when we got snow again while we were sleeping and then again this evening. Then hearing about another Arctic Blast / Polar Vortex coming for next week... Just wonder when someone is going to snap!

At least I didn't let the weather prevent me from some enjoyment today. Our edit team did not go into the office today since we sort of have a "bye week" for our magazine. I have some editing and proofing to get done this weekend for another magazine, but I set that aside for a long lunch with my friend LuAnne.

We managed to get to two scrapbooking stores and eat at Chili's -- and stay within our budgets and time constraints. It was just nice to catch up with a friend who I see often at school athletic events but not "one on one" where we can actually visit. That was a nice treat.

Tonight Carter had to work so we dropped him off and headed over to Pittsville to watch our Assumption boys play.  This has been a good week for Royals hoops. The girls won twice, including giving their coach his 300th career win last night, and the boys earned a victory tonight.

I guess I can't complain about winter too much since it hasn't prevented us from doing what we want.

But just to be sure... hide the knives!


No comments: