Friday, January 17, 2014

Finding Enjoy-Mint

In recent years, our company added some paid holidays. Now, shortly after many of us take a "Christmas break," we get Martin Luther King Day off in January and Presidents' Day in February. Who doesn't love a long weekend in winter??

I'd rather swap these days for May Day and Flag Day so I could golf. But I won't complain. Especially since the Friday before the Monday off, we get dismissed from the asylum early -- at 3 p.m.

Although, it was a busy week to get things done in order to be "out" on Monday, it was worth it.

I was out the door right on time!


For some reason today I started craving a Shamrock Shake. When I looked at the calendar and realized St. Patty's Day is exactly 2 months away, I knew I was craving much too soon. Dang.

Fortunately, things have a way of working out when it comes to me and my enjoy-mint of cool treats.

As I hit the road in Iola, my BFF happened to call and she was en route to Rapids from Appleton. When I realized we'd both hit Plover around the same time, a plan quickly formed in my mind. "Meet me at SweetFrog," I said.

Sweet what?


Once in a great while during the King Cone "off season," I frequent SweetFrog -- home to some delicious frozen yogurt. At SweetFrog, you take a cup and fill it with as many flavors as you want, then choose from roughly 48 toppings. Then you hand it to the cashier and she charges based on the weight of your treat.

I went with a combination of Irish Mint, topped with a bit of Brownie Batter and then Cake flavor on top -- with a just a few cheesecake bits for sprinkles.

How sweet to sit down and have a treat with my friend! Not only did Christine and I have a nice visit, we both survived some brain freeze not caused by the Polar Vortex for a change.

Now that's enjoy-mint! Hope my long holiday weekend has a few other treats in store.

That's where you come in, McDonald's. It's time to go GREEN!




No comments: