Friday, January 10, 2014

Sw-Heat Deal!

For the record, today was the first time this year I didn't have to wear long underwear!

Maybe too much information, but most definitely a sign that one, the temps are above zero and two, the heat is sort of fixed at work.

Just to be on the safe side, I still bundled up per usual with the longjohns, extra thick socks and extra long-sleeved shirt layers. I had my hat and gloves nearby but did not have to don them in the office.

At noon, after a quick run over to the fitness center, I decided to keep the union suit off after my shower.

And I survived.

And no, it wasn't a funky ol' union suit. They make women's long underwear to look almost like running tights. Still, I almost felt naked going back to work. My pants felt so loose and light!

Don't worry. My euphoria didn't last long. Just because it was warmer doesn't mean winter was out of the picture. In fact, it was just warm enough for snow and freezing rain on my drive home. Yay, winter. It never gets old, does it?

Mainly because of our sick entry to the new year, we're all tired of winter at our house. Poor Carter, our most recent germ victim, had to work tonight. I know that's not enjoyable. At least we all can sleep in tomorrow.

And yes, I still have my heated mattress pad turned on. My skivvies may be on hiatus, but winter is here to stay.

For much, much too long.

Stay safe and warm out there!

No comments: