Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Don't Resolve...

New calendar is on the wall. And my New Year's Resolution list is blank. And will remain so.

Maybe it took me 4 decades (or so) to figure it out. But I am a work in progress. I will never be "done" with me. So I can never cross anything off the list. Not a real and honest list anyway.

Just because I helped a few more people this year does not mean I can cross "don't be so selfish" off my list. That is not cured.

Just because I work hard at some things does not mean I can cross "don't be so lazy" off my list.

Just because I write a blog and talk to people, trying to inspire them once in awhile does not mean I can cross "don't be so self-centered and self-serving" off my list.

So I will continue to work on improving myself so I can be a be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend.... person!! I will focus on progress, not perfection, and rejoice in the good that I see and feel and give and receive.

Saw this quote today and it sort of sums things up, reminding us to just enjoy life and all its moments, not questioning why something is happening or letting fear prevent us from experiencing it. Live a little!


And if you are a stickler for resolutions, good luck. I still hope somewhere in the next year we all surprise ourselves.

In a good way.

Happy New Year and cheers to "continued" resolve!


No comments: