Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Winter ONE-derland

Numerologists might get a kick out of this...

It was back to work for me today. My car and I were reluctant to leave the garage when we saw it was -20 with wind chills in the negative god-awful category. But we made the slippery drive to Iola.

Since I did not go anywhere over lunch (fitness center was closed), my poor little Honda just sat out there in the parking lot shivering. The sunshine was deceiving. I knew better.

Feeling the pangs of guilt for sitting in a warm office for once, I looked up the temperature.


Doesn't it look ONE-derful? No. Not even close. There's no way to rearrange the numbers. It all comes out to equal COLD.

I almost have sympathy for my family in southern, southern Texas. They have a freeze warning tonight and could possibly see some snow for the first time since they lived there. As much as I would have loved to sneak into my mom's suitcase and join her for her long visit down there, I am now glad I didn't. I would be highly frustrated by now with the lack of progress on my tan lines!

Still, 40 degrees down there is, well, at least 40 degrees warmer than here. That part I would enjoy.

Instead, we living in our Winter ONE-derland and anxious for this warm spell coming. In weatherman's speak, that means temps ABOVE zero.

That truly will be wonderful. We'll take it.


No comments: