Saturday, January 11, 2014

Qualifying Rounds

I'm sitting here in the basement flipping back and forth between football playoffs and U.S. figure skating. So pardon me if I get my third-down conversion confused with my triple lutz!

Contestants in both competitions just want to win their qualifying rounds so they can move onto the big games. While I am pretty sure I know the football players well enough, I do not follow figure skating in the off season. And by "off season" I mean the entire season between winter Olympics. Now that the 2014 games are some 3 weeks away, it's time to reacquaint myself with the sequined and Spandexed U.S. representatives.

Yes, I do enjoy football, but I am somewhat of an Olympics junkie.And if I can watch some of these Americans in action now, I will feel a better connection in a few weeks.

Plus, I am so full from supper, I can't move my butt off the couch.

We decided to take Carter out to eat after his long, rough week -- between tons of homework, getting sick and then having to work last night. Poor kid.

He chose Buffalo Wild Wings so off to Stevens Point we went for some hot and spicy food. And it was very hot and spicy and did not disappoint. Cleaned out all our sinuses!

We watched to end of the Seahwks-Saints game there and got home before the Patriots-Colts game. Looks like New England got out to an early lead so I might just stick with the double axle excitement.

Go USA!


No comments: