Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sub-Zero Seclusion

This is the St. Joseph, Mich., lighthouse normally pictured on my blog page in a nice, warm setting. Ran across this recent photo and pretty much can't warm up after looking at it!



After seeing photos like this one, you really couldn't drag me out of seclusion today to face work in the Polar Vortex! So I worked at the toasty home office, listening to hubby cough in the office next door and Carter grumble (in every room) about homework. "Snow Days" are not the fun days they used to be!

I did get a lot of work done and even called into a meeting so it was just like I was there -- except warmer and less coughing. At about 4 p.m., though, I decided to take a break and lay on the couch. I was going to maybe watch TV and woke up an hour later. I flipped to the other side and, seriously, woke up another hour later! Apparently, I needed the rest. I was just thrilled I was horizontal for 120 minutes with no coughing!

Could there be an end in sight? Well, for me maybe. Not hubby, though. He is not encouraged that I am coughing after 5 days of this. He wants his bout with this to be done much sooner. I hope it is, too! I think our cat's going to start complaining soon about lack of sleep with all this coughing at night. Makes it hard for her to get a good rest snuggled between our pillows.

I feel bad for her. Don't you?

Knock on wood, Carter is still OK. Tomorrow we will all head off in our own directions for school and work. We should have an above-zero high of 4 degrees -- and laugh in the face of the Polar Vortex.

Ha ha.

Brrr.  Cough, cough!


No comments: