Monday, January 27, 2014

Cold Snap


You know why they call it a "cold snap"? Because some of us are so sick of the cold, we are about to snap!

Not kids, though. No, not kids.

After having two snow / cold days off of school right after Christmas break, Carter also starts this week with two more on the heels of a Friday record-keeping day off.  Nope, kids are not complaining.

Do they realize what it means that we are two days over our snow-day limit for the school year already?

I can see Carter's essay next fall on "How I spent my summer vacation" with the words: "Well, we went to school until July 4th to make up snow/cold days and then got a day off to see fireworks."

Let's hope we are done with these Polar Vortex Days from the Arctic Blasts (they don't even sugar coat it as a "cold snap").

The -55-degree wind chills definitely scared me into working in the warmth of my home office today. When I did have to run a quick errand in town, the roads were slick and I froze so fast in the 15-second spurts I was out of the vehicle. Not surprised I didn't see many people anywhere. Who would go anywhere unless they HAD to?

Tomorrow will be different, though. Carter will have to do the homework he didn't do Friday, Saturday, Sunday or today (since he had a friend over). I had a productive day but am heading back to the office -- even though the forecast is close to the same but just slightly "warmer," if you can call it that at this level. Hubby will be happy when Wednesday rolls around and he can finally have the house to himself!

Sometimes silence trumps body heat.

Sometimes.


No comments: