Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Babes in the Woods


As I am frantically trying to get my stuff in order so I can leave for our 16th annual sister weekend in the morning, I had to look up some "old" photos from previous Wild Women's Weekends to get in the mood.

Why wouldn't I be in the mood already? Oh just the typical cramming 5 days of work into 3 to get 2 off. You know how that goes. Then things don't wrap up at the end of the 3rd day so I am trying to get it done now and will have to squeeze in time in the morning, too.

Yup, I'm in the mood to get outta Dodge and head for the hills... or the woods... or the lake...

The photo above was taken in 2009 when we stayed up in Park Rapids, Minn., and saw some tourist attractions in the area such as the Mississippi River Headwaters and Paul Bunyan and Babe. Bet Bemidji has never had so many Babes all at once. Ha.

Hopefully, this weekend will bring more fun (and sun) as it always does. Just have to adjust my mood accordingly and not stress about what I did or did not get done before leaving. Right?

I will save my packing for the morning. And you can bet I am not going to suddenly do my "Saturday Chores" on Thursday. Heck no! I am hitting the road for my 2-hour drive south and hope to be sitting on a deck chair by 2 p.m. with or without the other Babes.

Once they arrive, I can't guarantee I'll move from that spot either.

Until the snacks come out... Never a shortage of chocolate and yummy treats!

At least all 7 of us combined are not as big as Babe! Yet.


No comments: