Sunday, September 7, 2014

Back to Skol


Day 5 of my 5-day Gratitude Challenge. Today I am grateful for:

1) Family: I love our huge family! Appreciate the influence of both of my parents in my life and the lives of my siblings. The 8 R's are each unique but so much alike in that we love to laugh, play, entertain, create, love and support each other. Love you all!

2) Family Part 2: So blessed to be part of the Austin clan. Had a great time tonight with father-in-law and sister-in-law, trying to golf while slapping mosquitoes. Love our family get-togethers and the bigger ones with all the special aunts and uncles. They are good people :)

Golfed at Homestead with hubby, father-in-law and sister-in-law. Pretty sure the mosquitoes carried away all my good shots because I golfed like crap. And I have a lot of bites to prove they were the culprits! Still fun, though.

3) SKOL: The Vikings may never win a Super Bowl before I die, but I'll wear my purple pride as long as they keep trying! Also thankful they got their ONE WIN of the season out of the way today so I don't have live on false hope. LOL. I'm a fan AND a realist. SKOL!

Unfortunately, we rarely get the Vikings games on TV in central Wisconsin, so I have to rely on the ticker, Internet updates and ESPN highlights (or lowlights). Got plenty of grief when I was in town on a few errands, sporting my purple and yellow. Glad today was one of those "highlight" days!

On that note, I nominated three fellow Viking fans to take the gratitude challenge.







It was fun to do and always a good reminder we don't have to wait until Thanksgiving to give thanks for what's important to us.

As always, thanks for reading!



No comments: