Monday, September 15, 2014

Confirmation


Tonight was our night for confirming a few plans for upcoming journeys.

First we had a travel-planning meeting for Carter & Co.'s 2015 trip to Germany. Beware: A few more fundraisers on the way! The biggest news is the desire by the teacher and chaperone to NOT allow the kids to take cell phones with them.

I can understand their concern with distraction. You can't enjoy the scenery if you are looking down at a phone. You can't interact with your host family if you are busy texting people back home. That would be rude to Lukas' family, if you ask me. Of course, that means it's a two-way street and I would have no means of reaching out to Carter in his nearly month-long absence. Sob, sob. They say this will prepare us for college. But who said I am ready for that either??

After that meeting, I stopped over at my confirmation student Emily's house. We are starting our 6-week journey of faith where I am serving as her mentor. While she was officially confirmed a few weeks back while our pastors were still working at our church, we still need to complete this part of the program. Should be interesting and rewarding. Emily is a sweet girl who is already on the path to making good choices.

My hope is that God can use me and my faith and maybe some of my life story (not the scary parts) to help her on her journey. Looking forward to it!

In fact, looking forward to how much both of these young adults will grow before and during their journeys. And having them connect closer with me, new friends and God.

Even without a cell phone!




No comments: