Monday, September 1, 2014

Double Digits


Is it rude to hold a birthday party for someone and not invite them? What if it's a cat, is that OK?

She didn't seem to mind.

Yup, Sylvester turned double digits today – the big 10th birthday, which is something like 57 in human years. No wonder I have to call her Princess Poops-A-Lot. She's not always making it to the litter box lately. Still love our fluff ball though!

We did have a get together for another birthday girl today. I will not tell you what double digits my friend Christine is. (I want to keep her friendship!) Let's just say she's still sweet and sassy and only getting better with age. Oh, and younger than me.

Spent the afternoon over at her house, where she and her hubby hosted a Labor Day / Birthday / Celebration party to cover the holiday, her birthday and job promotion, and our cat's birthday (well, maybe not). The rain was sporadic today so we stayed inside and that was fine. Got to visit with their families and eat good food, which a given when it comes to a holiday potluck. Ha.

Now it is a typical "Sunday evening." I am wrapping up weekend chores and Carter has finally started homework. One of us has to break out of their routine before it becomes a habit. Hint: Not me.

At least for this weekend, he didn't have studying hours in the double digits.

But it's early...




No comments: