Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday Sundae

One could almost compare my Saturday to an ice cream sundae. It started out good and I just kept adding layers of goodness to it! In the end, it was a one-of-a-kind treat!

First of all, we went to Iola to golf at Glacier Woods Golf Course and I did NOT have to drive there. I have that 45-mile drive 10 times a week as it is, so that was nice of hubby to take the wheel.


Secondly, we were meeting up with our friends Scott and Sandy. Typically, we get together 2 or 3 times to golf during the summer. This year: zero. Until today. It was just too hard to match up schedules (mostly me and my mega-traveling this summer on weekends). Glad we got it to work today!

It was perfect golfing weather. I actually wore pants because I saw it was only going to get up to 71 or 72 degrees. It probably got to 75 but there was always a pleasant breeze so I wasn't too hot. My golf game wasn't either. Except that ONE shot!

Only I could sandwich a snowman on the first and last holes with a BIRDIE in between! Yes, they do say even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. And somehow I found the hole on a very long putt! That excitement was an extra special "layer" today!

Here's a few photo highlights:

I know the sign just says "summer rules," but when I read it, I was thinking, "Summer Rules!!!" It sure does!

The boys keep cool with non-PGA approved Red Solo Cup beverages. 

Obligatory couple photo. Ha. Besides fun with friends, it was sort of double-date! Even if the guys had their cart and we drove ours. Still, another layer of goodness.

After golf, we headed down to Waupaca to enjoy supper on the waterfront at the Clearwater Harbor Bar. Love that place. Good food and beautiful scenery. Lots of people there holding onto one more summer weekend!

Before we said our goodbyes, I got one more treat. I got to drive Scott's new car around the block. Why is that a treat?

Can you day "Hot Wheels Camaro"?? Oh yes! And it's an automatic! Boy that thing has power. Good thing I only drove it a few blocks or I would have been busted for speeding, that's for sure. Very cool. And yes, I did text Carter to rub it in. I don't feel bad. I'm sure he won't have to wait 30 years to drive something cool.

Said goodbye to our Green Bay friends and promised to get together more often. On the way home, more than content, we added our final topping to this Super Saturday Sundae: a stop at King Cone, of course!!

Now really, nothing left to top that except this perfectly "good sleeping weather!"

Oh, and since I'm obviously grateful for a wonderful day, here are my Gratitude examples on day 4 of the 5-day challenge. Today I am thankful for:

1) Nature: Such a joy spending the day out in the sunshine on a beautiful green golf course, then eating dinner on the lakeshore. God's handiwork is everywhere and it's gorgeous.

2) Neighbors: Whether we are the Desperate Housewives of Blue Jay Drive or just hard-working women (and men, too), our neighborhood rocks! We share cups of sugar, baked goods, homemade salsa, bacon everything, beer, laughs and tears. They could almost charge extra for living here :)

3) Noonan! Appreciate a good game of golf, which is any game for me because I'm golfing (not because I'm good). I am not skilled in the least, but have had a blast golfing last weekend with Assumption friends and today with longtime and long-distance friends. I'm especially grateful I got a rare BIRDIE today! ha

I nominated three fellow golfers  to do the gratitude challenge – and heck, top my 2 (well 3 maybe) snowmen, 2 pars and 1 birdie in their next round!


No comments: