Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Attempted Kit-Napping


Kitty tried her best to kidnap, or kit-nap, Daddy's suitcase, but her efforts to thwart his departure were unsuccessful.

She is not happy.

Jim had to get up at 2 a.m. and be on the road by 3 a.m. to the Madison airport for his flight to Denver. The good news is that it is a direct flight. The bad news is that I have to follow that same ungodly schedule on Friday when I fly out to join him.

Ugh.

Jim has a conference for work out there. Typically, his only "conference" at the home office is with Sylvester, who I suspect is by his side most of the day. Most days. Since the suitcase came out the day after my return from Sister Weekend, that darn cat intuitively knew it was for Daddy not Mommy.

Early in the day yesterday, Jim texted me a picture of her laying on the open cover and napping. When I got home she was inside of it. While she was eating her dinner, Jim sneaked some clothes in But she was right back in it as soon as he turned his back.

Yup, she is missing her man.

Not that we all aren't. But I don't plan to wait by the door (like she's doing) until he comes back. I've got work to do the next two days, plus my own packing. I will fly out Friday to join Jim and the friends we are staying with for a Rocky Mountain weekend. Cannot wait!

I have never been to Colorado or seen "real" mountains like that. I'm sure kitty won't lose any sleep over my departure.

In fact, she will probably help me pack!


No comments: