Friday, September 19, 2014

TGIF Fiesta


When I tell you I had the afternoon off from work, I better start with the lunch date. That will build up your false expectations for an amazing day.

I did really have a half day off. It just worked out with deadlines. Plus I had a a ton of things to get done. Which I did not.

Hubby and I went to el Mezcal for a hot & spicy date, but then I came home and started cleaning my office. Whoa. Hold back the excitement. I didn't get far. When I saw the sun was out, I hung out with Mr. Deck Chair for a bit. And by "bit" I mean 20 minutes. The clouds came out and it just got too cool. Not sure if you can actually get a tan when you have goosebumps.

I had some errands to run in town, including a stop at the bowling alley to visit with my BFF and a gag-gift shopping spree at the Dollar Store. Then it was back home for more fun.

Jim went to the Rapids football game tonight with a buddy and Carter was off carb-loading with the cross-country team. I had the house to myself! So I did my Saturday chores (since Saturday is booked), typed up minutes from my church committee, did two loads of laundry and watched a movie.

No sense holding back the excitement any longer. It was a never-ending fiesta!

Now to top it off, Carter informs me he has to get up at 5 a.m. and leave the house by 6 a.m. for his cross-country meet. And will need help doing so. I guess I better cap off my fiesta with a siesta.

Rapid-a-mento!





No comments: