Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hump Day Headlines


Lawn Mowers: While getting coffee this morning, I looked out the window in time to see a brood of turkeys in our yard. Of course, by the time I grabbed the camera, they were heading to the woods and I had to shoot a quick blurry photo through the screen door, but I sort of got them.

Some people buy goats to eat their grass. We have wild turkeys... which explains our fowl-looking lawn. (Ha. I'm here all night!)

Five Kleenex Boxes: I think I should start rating movies with Kleenex boxes instead of the old-fashioned star method. Most Hallmark Christmas movies get at least 2 boxes. Today, while working from and mindlessly sorting out hundreds of entries for a magazine giveaway, I watched The Fault in Our Stars. Even though I was multi-tasking, I still went through a pile of Kleenex. I guess seeing the word "cancer" in the preview should have been a good clue.

If you ever want to clear your sinuses – completely – I give this movie a 5 Kleenex Box rating. Make sure you have a least one FULL one next to you!



Scenic Route: Remember that time I ran so slow I managed to find a penny and pick it up and not break stride? I think I topped that today. I found a four-leaf clover on my route. Totally serious! Not sure if I should be embarrassed or feel fortunate.

Once again: Luck trumps lethargy!

(I better quit while I'm ahead.)

No comments: