Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Six Chairs


Experience has taught me that most of my requests of Mother Nature fall on deaf ears... but it's always worth another shot.

I made this little graphic today in advance of our 16th annual sister weekend coming up in 9 days. The way the weather has been with its multiple dips in the 30s, I don't want us to feel house bound or too cold or wet to enjoy the great outdoors.

Without divulging where we're headed, I can say we're renting a vacation home in southeast Wisconsin on some little lake. The pictures give us a great preview of a beautiful place, inside and out. I'm not sure they'll have 6 chairs lined up on the lake shore, but it's a good visual as we count down the days.

The thing about 6 chairs is that it still isn't enough for all 7 of us Hedberg girls to sit and relax, but often times one of us is taking a picture or sneaking in a phone call home anyway. When the sun is shining, though, I am in the chair!!

The bright blue one on the far right looks like a twin to my friend Mr. Deck Chair. I would love to have those other 5 at my house for my various chair-ities (sounds more philanthropic than "various circles of friends".)

I could sit around with my book club – except in winter months. They'd be perfect to enjoy a campfire with the desperate and non-desperate housewives of Blue Jay Drive. It would work nicely when visiting with my Assumption sisters – and scrapping sisters, too! My in-laws could all fit on them the next time we serve up birthday cake and ice cream at our house. It's possible a few work friends would drive 45 miles to sit in them. And so on.

Tonight, several members of our Girls Night Out group got together at a Thirty-One Party. This month's GNO is actually tomorrow, but we had enough at this party tonight to fill those chairs. That's when I realized that I do have a lot of different "chair-ities." Some are a tighter group than others and some hold a really special place in my heart.

Regardless, I am always willing to give up a seat or share one if you take moment out of your day to be a part of mine.





No comments: