Thursday, September 11, 2014

Get the Picture?

Hubby felt compelled to remind me that today is our boy's last "school picture day." Next year, it's SENIOR picture time!

Noooo. Say it ain't so!

Time is going too quickly as it is. And if you don't believe me, take a look at this "Throwback Thursday" photo of our almost grownup...


This was actually from a "real" photo shoot. I was working on an arts and crafts magazine at the time, and we borrowed Carter to model the "snowflake ensemble." This was the summer of 2003 after he'd just turned 5. It was for a Christmas magazine but since it was summer, we simulated "snow" on the porch by scattering potato flakes.

There, now you learned some behind-the-scenes tricks for your next Christmas in July photo shoot!

I miss that adorable little boy, but as I tell new parents, every age is "the best age!" Even tonight, when Carter noticed this new picture on my wall, I had to laugh when he feigned (I'm sure) having to toss his cookies over such a sight.


What? Too soon? I'm sure deep down he is just as anxious for the "season" as me!

Actually, really deep down, I bet he looks forward to Mom & the Hallmark Channel as much as I look forward to Carter & Senior Pictures.

Let's not rush either one. Get the picture?



No comments: