Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday Night Lights

Not to confuse us with the NFL, but now Assumption is playing football under the Thursday Night Lights. Just this once anyway.

Since I had a committee meeting for the 2015 Empty Bowls fundraiser at 6:30 p.m., I had to enlist the help of another mom to take pregame photos for me of the Pep Band. Notice how Carter does not hide from other people when they take pictures? Just me, I guess.

So I have to thank Kim, the football mom, for capturing a few!

When I did finally show up at halftime, this is all the lighting I had to work with...


That wasn't good. And neither was the final score. Gilman stomped us 30-16. To our credit, we still managed to score two touchdowns missing our injured starting QB, our rock star runningback and my favorite interception artist. So we were down but still fighting with the talent we have. And we did pretty well despite the loss.

My only discomfort tonight was the very, very chilly weather, which required a winter coat, gloves and two blankets. But I suspect my mattress pad will be all heated up by the time I hit save on this blog!

Then it's Thursday night lights ... out!


No comments: