Thursday, September 4, 2014

Plugged In

Had some wicked storms blow through Wisconsin today. They were worse Up North (so far) than here. Lots of wind and hail damage plus power outages. Besides the rain. I even heard my hometown school was closed today because Luck's power was out. Geez, the town has but one power pole and it failed to do the job.

Just kidding. I think.

We experienced on and off rain over in Iola when I was at work. Got sprinkled on during my noon-time run but nothing serious. I mean just enough to flatten my time-consuming curly hair.

After work, I had to swing into town to run a few errands. On the way from Rapids out to the house, the rains came. In buckets. I could hardly see and my cellphone rings. It was Carter letting me know we had no power at home.

Get home, and by habit am trying to get into the garage. Garage door opener is PLUGGED IN so therefore not going to work. Hubby had picked up a take-n-bake pizza but since the oven is PLUGGED IN we had to wait for that, too.

Power came back on about 6:30 and got our cable and Internet up by 7 p.m. I bet that freaked some Packer fans out, wondering if they would have power by game time!

No further comment. On with Day 2 of the 5-day Gratitude Challenge. I wrote this from my phone during the power outage...

Today I am grateful for:
  1. Electricity, which we do not have at the moment. I sure take it for granted!
  2. Rain. Would rather have the lightning and rain than the threat of wildfires taking my home!
  3. Our home. Bought and paid for. Whoot! Nice to have a roof over our heads in the rain. Now if only I could open my electric garage door opener to give my car shelter!
I nominated three "rainmakers," those who make things happen. I'm sure that could apply to a lot of YOU!



No comments: