Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lordy, Lordy, We're Approaching 40

Boy I wish I could drop pounds as quickly as the temperature drops around here.

After an 83-degree day yesterday, I expected something similar today despite the morning rain. But the rains kept coming.

When it changed to a nearly invisible drizzle in the early afternoon, I figured I'd get out for a lunchtime run. I was pleasantly surprised to see the temperature was 71 degrees. That was misleading. While the wind pushed me for the first 1.5 miles, when I got to the turn and headed back, I was, as Bob Seger would sing, against the wind. It was like resistance training! At times I had to look down to see if I was moving. Felt like I was filming a slow motion sequence.

Meanwhile the wind and light rain cut right through me. Thank goodness I didn't wear a tank top to run in today. And thank goodness I spent all that time curling my hair. Apparently my super stiff hairspray does not hold up in all conditions.

When I got back to the office, my ears were freezing and it felt good to take a warm shower. A little while after I'd settled back into work, my co-worker said he was going to head out for a run. I advised him to go northwest first, so the southwest wind would push him back. We looked up the temp at that time, and it had already dropped to 58!

Yup, there apparently was a 30-degree drop today. I warmed my sister in Texas she likely will need to wear pants when she comes up for our annual sister weekend in 2 weeks. I'm also trying to see if I can pack my electric mattress pad.

Oh yes, that is set on HIGH right now! I wisely checked the forecast for tomorrow and it is a high of only 57 and low of 41!!

Indeed - lordy, lordy, we are almost 40! Bundle up, this is summer in Wisconsin!


No comments: