Saturday, May 9, 2015

FORE-Some and Then Some...

There are some days you just have to say "What an awesome day!" And today was one of them.

Our friends Scott and Sandy came over from Green Bay to Rapids to golf with us. They're the ones who let Carter borrow their Camaro for prom. I just didn't get a chance to visit with them yet since I was Scrapbookin' Momma on Speed. We try to get together a couple of times a summer to golf. This was the first time Sandy had been over here (other than briefly at prom), so we had to impress her by taking her to a private country club.

Ha. Actually we purchased 4 rounds of golf at Bull's Eye during a golf outing silent auction last fall. So all of us were excited to take on this course that we normally wouldn't get a chance to.

It also was the perfect opportunity to break in my new golf shoes I accidentally bought myself for Mother's Day. They felt good and held up well. And yes, I am wearing long pants. It was not that warm today. Probably edged past 60 so I wasn't cold, just comfortable. Probably good our tee-time was 1 p.m. so we had the milder temps of the day.

Thankfully there was little wind. This was the first time I swung a club in 8 months so I didn't need Mother Nature against me. My lack of skill is enough on its own! Still, no matter my game, it was a really run afternoon.

The guys get competitive and the girls get goofy. Our main concern is catching up on gossip, taking advantage of all potty breaks and trying not to get too many "snowmen" on the score card. Pretty much accomplished all of that!

The course was beautiful and in decent early-season condition. Love its mature trees and scenery along the Wisconsin River. Naturally that meant photo ops before the round was done.



At the end of the day, my new shoes did not help me golf any better. But probably not any worse either. Hubby had one of his top 5 games of lifetime, shooting an 85. I managed to break 100... and kept right on going. Like I said, I didn't want "too many snowmen," but I had enough!

After golf, we headed further up the river to Anchor Bay Bar & Grill on the northeast side of Rapids. It's a beautiful location with great food so we were pleased to share it with our friends. Turns out, some other mutual friends of ours were just a few houses down the road, visiting parents. So, after dinner, Angelo (who worked with 3 of us – and still me) and his bride Robyn, walked down and joined us.

A double date upgraded to a triple date? Sounds like another photo opportunity. Especially with our view!

Sandy is in a "Robyn Sandwich"! Beautiful sunset and beautiful babes, right?

And our handsome hubbies!! (I love having cooperative subjects in my photos!)

And the sunset! 

Perfect ending to a great day, wouldn't you say?





No comments: