Friday, May 8, 2015

Season Openers

'Tis the season for "summer" time activities! I am putting that in writing only because I'll need proof – and a reminder – when it will be back to wintery-springy weather in 2 days.


Today was the home opener for the original King Cone in Amherst! Now it is officially on my way home from work instead of the "I'm pretending it's on my way but go 6 blocks out of my" location in Plover. A scoop of Blueberry Yes Please Cake flavor was the perfect way to kick off the season.

Managed to get back into Rapids in time to catch parts of both the softball and baseball games against Auburndale. We were behind by 5 or 6 runs when I left the softball game to head to baseball. I should have stayed. The girls rallied in their last at bat and won 10-9! Crazy.

The boys lost but still good to visit with my old bleacher-butt friends.

This evening, we helped some friends with their firepit season opener...


Thanks to Christmas lights in the fire, we had colorful flames. I always love that! It was nice to visit with the "summer" friends we don't see enough during the school year. And, as a bonus, no mosquitoes.

I guess that was the only un-summer part!

Oh, and that I needed to text Carter at home to turn on my blanket. Guess that's a year-round season in these parts.



No comments: