Friday, May 1, 2015

Freaky Friday

Got up early and was so focused on my task of getting garage sale signs up that I didn't call my baby to wish him a happy birthday this morning.

Hubby texted me this picture,  though.  He opened my present so he knew I was thinking of him,  but I was thinking,  "Who dresses this kid?" Apparently when Mom is 4 hours away he does what he wants. And today that meant getting his freak on, wearing vintage pants that were once his Uncle Ron's!

For the record,  he got a call right after school with his uncle, 5 aunts, a cousin and his mother singing "Happy Birthday" to him!

As for the other main event today, the sale went better than I expected. Brisk business.  Lots went out the door,  but still PLENTY left. Stop by to buy on Saturday.

During the noon hour,  when apparently everyone in Polk County stays home to eat, there was a break in the action so Rayna and I ventured down to St. Croix to see the antique mall where my twin has a booth set up. Had just finished visiting with Ray lens when our Friday turned freaking than Carter's pants.

 Don't know why he was dressed like this or why he was in store, but Elvis was loving us tender. Viva, Las Twinsies!

As hubby would say, "Anything goes north of Highway 8!"

Afternoon flew by and a group of us went to eat at The Dugout Bar and Grill in beautiful downtown Cushing. It had been chilly at times today but Mom did not have a jacket. The only thing I had to offer her was a spare sweatshirt in my backseat.

 Marlys in a Pink Floyd hoodie might just trump Elvis!

And the other freaky surprise besides seeing Elvis was running into a childhood neighbor, friend and classmate. I guess his "adult" name is Don, but I still call him "Donnie." Just your ordinary, accidental 29-year class reunion in the smallest town in Northwest Wisconsin! Had fun catching up!

Got back to hotel and sat in the hot tub a bit. Great to relax after all that excitement. Now I know should get to bed but my niece Caryn and I are watching The Wild take on Chicago. Nothing freaky,  just Wild!




No comments: