Monday, May 11, 2015

Sorry, Mother


Apparently Mother Nature did not get any love on Mother's Day. Now she's taking it out on all of us.

Sorry, Mother.

I have my electric mattress pad on and am bundled up in sweats as I sit here. I just happened to check the temperature on weather.com and it is 50 with windchill of 45. Tomorrow's high is only going to be 2 degrees warmer than it is right now.

I love the schizophrenic spring of the Midwest.

One positive is that it held off until after our golf outing. Much appreciated, Mother! Another positive is that I should have a very productive day working in the home office. Absolutely no temptation to play hooky with Mr. Deck Chair, that's for sure. Thanks, Mom. I think.

Hubby is taking advantage of the cold front to give the front yard its first haircut of the season. No sense breaking a sweat, right? Carter is doing homework in his room in the basement, probably regretting he gave me my office heater back this weekend.

I suppose now that Mother's Day is over, I can be nice and take it back down there. It's pretty much Kids' Day at least 360 of the other days of the year anyway, isn't it?

Bundle up and have a good week!!






No comments: