Thursday, May 21, 2015

More Girl Power

It's been an amazing week for some of "my" girls!

Tonight I actually got to an Assumption softball game. Usually I am coming into town late after work and miss a bunch of it. Today, though, I worked from home after having the morning off for some meetings. That made it possible for me to get to Robinson Park and see the Royals host the Iola-Scandinavia team.

Their game was rained out last week and I was bummed since it would only have been a few blocks from my office. For some reason the rescheduled game was moved to our neck of the woods. I-S has an amazing team and record this year. They were very tough competition but Assumption managed to keep pace.

Thanks in part to my friend Brenda's daughter Macyn (Carter's classmate, friend and homecoming date last fall, ha). She hit two home runs tonight! How awesome! I hope the fact that we lost 13-10 doesn't bring her down too much. What a cool accomplishment.

My next-door neighbor's daughter Madison has been on a hot hitting streak all season. I still haven't seen her hit one out of the park so I will somehow have to get to a game. The season is done now and playoffs start next week. I'll have to see how we can squeeze that in our schedule! She's pretty amazing to watch.

Speaking of amazing... One of my "mission trip daughters" had an amazing performance at her track meet the other day. Grace normally runs the 200-meter dash and a relay. The other day she ran the 100-meter as well.

And not only finished first but set a conference record! Whoa.

I guess one of the few advantages of not having Carter in baseball this spring is that I can pay attention to some other athletes and watch the girls in action! They are not only great athletes but have big hearts, too.

Now that's the kind of Girl Power to have!





No comments: