Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Eagle Has Landed

I felt honored to witness an Eagle Scout ceremony today for one of Carter's friends.

Carter was never in Scouts but I know a little bit about what an Eagle Scout is, based on some ceremonies at our church. Today, Tyler has his ceremony at his house, inviting his grandparents, a few Scout, church and school representatives – and the cross country team (and their parents).

It was really a neat ceremony with those various representatives passing the badge around while saying a few words about Tyler – his honor and integrity and commitment. Pretty moving when his parents spoke. Yes, I teared up. Moms do that!

The incredible fact is that 3 "young men" from Carter's class at Assumption achieved this. Amazing fact when you learn that only 2% of all Boy Scouts earn the honor. His friend Eric also is a new Eagle and friend Joey earned it last year. What a fine group!

After the ceremony, since it was super duper nice out, I got some exercise (multi-tasking sunning and running). Then I had work projects to do since I've been off the grid for 4 days. And that took me up 'til bedtime.

Based on the storm photos from family in Minnesota, I should probably log off anyway. Whatever wickedness they got (hail and wind) is blowing this way now.

Mother Nature always has a payback for a nice day. At least she waited until after the good stuff today!

 


No comments: