Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Rain, Rain, Rain...


With 100% chance of precipitation, today reminded me of that Winnie the Pooh song:

And the rain rain rain came down down down
And the flood rose up up upper.
Pooh, too, was caught and so he thought,
"I must rescue my supper!"

Only if it was me, those would be containers of ice cream – not honey – that I would be rescuing!

It was seriously a non-stop heavy rain today. Normally, on a week day I wouldn't care. But today was supposed to be the first round of playoffs for high school softball. I could have gone to the game Assumption was hosting but now, with it rescheduled for tomorrow at 3:30, that seems unlikely. A little too early for me to play hooky.

Unless I get up really early and start my day really early. And you know what kind of morning person I am!

Not at all.

My other bigger concern is all the areas of the U.S. that are experienced serious, fatal flooding. How sad that lives are being lost along with a ton of property, too. It's inconceivable – even when you look at news photos. Uff da. Praying for all those impacted.

I will not complain at all about the little lake in our front yard. The only person really impacted was Carter, who had to move his car to higher ground so he won't have to slosh through water and mud in the morning before school.

It certainly is greening up the grass, too. Now I wish I would have finished my weekend warrior project in the front of the house. Those weeds and that shrub I was supposed to trim and hack are thriving in this rain. Dang.

Guess you can look forward to Weekend Warrior :: The Sequel coming soon to blog near you.

But first I gotta make sure my ice cream, er honey, is someplace safe!

And the rain rain rain came down down down...


No comments: